Saturday 29 August 2009

Advice from a suicide survivor

Suicide is not an answer. That does not mean it is wrong to consider it nor wrong to do it.

Often though the circumstances are not as bad as they seem. They are changeable.

Time is a healer and pain will reduce. The experience that leads to suicide will change.

Beyond this point it will get better. It will also get worse. This is the truth. But the truth is that the next time it gets worse you can be prepared.

If you're ready to die then truly you're ready to live. It may not feel that way when you are thinking of killing yourself though. If you can manage to live a little longer you will see what I mean.

Its ok to thinking about killing yourself. Lots of people do. Don't dwell on it too much.

Talk to someone you trust. If you don't feel ok doing that then speak to the Samaritans. Sometimes its good to talk. Try to do that before you try to kill yourself. Even if its what you're sure you're going to do its nice to speak to one last person before you die.

There is another option to suicide. Give your life to the world. Since your life is over let it become of use to the greater good. Maybe whatever is making you want to die you can make better for someone else even if you can't make it better for yourself.

Take it from someone who has tried to kill themselves before and will undoubtably do so again, and secretly hopes the next time will be the last, don't do it. But if you do do it then I think I understand. I wish I help you more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"