Tuesday 25 October 2011

How to communicate the illegality and immorality of chemically coshing the elderley in just a few words

I often say too much. My answers can be too detailed and my explanations lengthy. I'm often dealing with complex concepts I barely understand but can visualise structurally in my mind. I also have a lot of odd ball opinions which can take time to explain their sanity.

So I'm stuck now trying to convey, effectively, the ire I feel about the deaths of the elderly.

Over a hundred thousand elderly people were drugged with antipsychotics. These drugs do not treat the illness of dementia other than to suppress undesirable or challenging behaviours.

The drug does not heal the brain nor regrow damaged tissue. What it achieved, in this instance, is the effect achieved by making a personal docile or quiet. They become easy to manage and less hassle.

It is a convenience to have this power over the elderly. It could be achieved by using gags and straitjackets thought I don't advocate this. It would be immoral to gag or restrain our elders as they near the end of life. It is as equally immoral and significantly less harmful to the patient than antipsychotics but the lesser of two evils, in my opinion, is still evil.

There are better solutions though and these have been focused upon after the mass slaughter of the elderly on antipsychotics was discovered.

But the drugs aren't banned for this use. Doctors are still using these drugs on the elderly. They don't heal dementia but they suppress the expressions and behaviours of the elderly, and kill them quicker in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"