Saturday 29 October 2011

Nice and impact on equality

First of all, get your house in order. Nice staff levels of people with disabilities is below par. Equality is clearly very poor apart from gender at the high pay grades. What this actually requires is a shift in organisational theory. Nice recruits their highest paid staff because they fit in with the organisational culture. It may be worth considering those who have equally or better abilities than those recruit but fit in less.

This observation about talent or potential and this difficult to appreciate concept of fitting in as being valued is a challenge for organisations and their recruitment practices, as is the issue of a person's ability to persuafe an employer of their talents versus those who have high ability and potential but don't either fit in or communicate well or simply perform poorly in conventional application and interview procedures.

These are factors in the prognosis associated with disabilities like depression or anxiety. A person with low self esteem will not communicate well nor interview well however could be more capable in delivering on the role they applied for or even a higher grade job. Their capablity is not recognised because it depends on self report and communication, I.e. an attitudes based quality, rather than what they can actually do which is a far more complex thing to measure, as is potential.

This is all a long explanaton for something simple. I can't be arsed.

Sent from my smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"