Thursday 1 March 2012

Currently assisted suicide is blocked using by the machine of psychiatry

Why can't people be allowed to die when they want to? Perhaps this is a better title.

The answer is because of mental health. Those who want to die are deemed irrational and mentally ill. They must be 'helped' so they are 'treated' to change their mind, or not in some cases. In some cases they have to live long enough to find the means or will to take their own life.

The law changed in the 20th century to decriminalise suicide but a new system took over, a system without tenets or laws but only what it decides is mental illness or not based on whatever it feels like. This arbitary nature is what law is meant to prevent but mental health presides over the grey.

The greatest trick: compassion. There is no assisted suicide because it is compassionate to believe it will get better and watch a person live when they don't want to. It is compassion to believe life is sacred even when things are so bad the individual wants to end their life.

The truth? The absolute truth is assisted suicide will become legalised. One day. It is inevitable. It may not be in my lifetime but that doesn't matter. I'll kill myself any way. So do many others who do not want to live any more and there is no one who can help.

Sent from my smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"