Thursday 1 March 2012

Is psychiatry the enemy of extreme creativity

Perhaps. Perhaps it is a tool rather than the enemy.

Difference in thought has always been regulated not by law but by the medical profession. Anyone can say what they want except a patient under a psychiatrist. They live in fear of expressing. Too creative and they are pathologised and drugged with stronger drugs to repress their madness.

Martin Luther King saw the battle against psychiatry as the battle for creativity. The result of his battle: black people are only overdiagnosed with schziophrenia 3 times more in the US. Only. In the UK it is higher.

The drugs themselves work to suppress creative types then the doctors foist art therapies on those made bereft of their true connection to art.

All in the name of mental health.

Sent from my smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"