Wednesday 7 March 2012

Demedicalisation and legalisation of suicide

it is far from easy because death and self death are the hardest things for the public at large to conceptualise in an advanced way.

Death is death. It is sad and a thing which causes grief. No one should die. Should they?

No is the simple answer and I stay with that simpleness but we don't live in this sort of time. No one should die unless they want to. This is my simple morality.

This may sound strange but it doesn't. This is a product of our time. I am a product of my time. A time which leads me to want death so much.

A century ago suicide was decriminalised. I will not wait for society to progress to the point where advancement means I can have a legal death but perhaps there is a better solution.

No. I'm crazy. The better solution is never driving human beings to suicide in the first place. This is truly crazy because it is difficult and not profitable, or at least not cost effective. It isn't even worth exploring much as any suicidologist would know well.

The solution in the near term - after I'm dead - will be the legalisation of assisted suicide. The future though is a society where people aren't driven to feel that bad or are equipped with skills...no...no...the former is more relevant than the latter.

Physical and mental health will truly be equal in the future.

Sent from my smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"