Wednesday 23 February 2011

Here's a fucking vision

We are born equal or die equal.

Ashes to ashes. Dust to dust. Same thing said by religion and an
observance of truth, one that I hope the likes of Jeff Foster could respect.

What happens between the moment of our inception and the moment of our
death. It is not a truth in the sense it is a constant.

We are all born equal. We all die equal. What happens to use inbetween
is equal.

That's a fucking vision. Go fuck your SMART objectives. Go grow a pair
of balls. That's what it takes to achieve.

Equality in life. It's described by the social model of disablity, or
lack thereof. It is understood by ideas like the mortality gap between
rich and poor, an ever-widening one which I'm hugely biased towards
stopping. The disability of reduced life expectancy is something I'm all
for reducing, just not at the cost of liberty or the extinction of
phenotypes (or in fact individual ways of existence).

There are real crimes and natural law. There is real mental
illness...which I've yet to find....and there's mental disorder and
there's crime and a bunch of other stuff. Fucking nebulous shit. My new
favourite word. Means can't be fucking arsed to define with any
elegance. I'm tempted to offer my chocolate salty balls out at this point.

Here's the vision. Equality. That's it. That's our society. Fuck.
Wouldn't that be awesome. Stoner logic I guess but it makes sense to me.
But there's death and murder and illness and reduced life expectancy
based upon lifestyle factors or behaviours which are judged abnormal by
an abnormal society.

Come hither to the argument, one I'll drunkenly and highly explain.
Collective groups of people with power, or the significant "tribe"
within society or the prevailing consensus group or whatever else, can
find ways and methods of describing another group of people (please
excuse the language coming up. It's from the book 1984 by George Orwell)
as less equal than someone else.

Those methods, such as doublespeak as was the term used in the book, can
achieve great ends. His book was written with a sense of malevolence
behind the action. I quote Hanlon's Razor: stupidity, or incompetence,
before malice.

--
Don't let justice be the privilege of the elite. Support the Justice for All campaign
http://www.justice-for-all.org.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"