Wednesday 16 February 2011

Just how long is it since I've opened my post?

This may be a spurious letter because I thought it was later than aug 2009, when this letter is date, when I stopped opening my post.

The letter's from Shelter thanking me for my small regular contribution. The letter has Shelters logo on the envelope.

I though it had been over a year but with this letter is close to a year and a half of unopened post I've got to go through.

This hell of debt is no fun for anyone. Debt probably has the same relationship to mental health as drugs. Some people can handle it. For others it wrecks their lives and makes a signifcant contribution to mental illness and distress. It makes many happier but there's a comedown and, for some, the come down can have signficant impact on their lives.

I was introduced to debt for the first time at university. The banks made it so easy to try it and lots of other people were doing it. I got hooked on it. Then I went manic and did loads of debt. Then I was suicidal and manic and depressed and all other shit and did a heck of a load of debt.

The results destroyed my life. I was almost homeless because of debt. I shattered inside. I was alone and poor, no longer the person I once used to be.

Kids. Just say no to debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"