Monday 14 February 2011

I'm free to do what I want any old time

This is the liberalist ideal expressed with exquisite elegance by a song lyric.

Psychiatry amongst other systems works against this by saying those that are free, who be rather than be not, can't be.

Conseratives or non-liberals are against this sort of thinking. Its why there are few songs which tell people to not be free, to listen to what they're told. A dogma of antidogma perhaps. In this instance it is the removal of freedom to question with which I associate with conservatism, or perhaps conceptually what this song lyric espouses better as a basic human right better than the human rights act ever did?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"