Thursday 17 February 2011

I don't call it childhood misery. I call it childhood.

My childhood was far from great. Though academically excellent I was a mess. I'm just thinking about some particularly low moods of life and one of my earliest memories. I felt very miserable and very alone. This was when I lived in yorkshire so I was pretty young. I went to my parents door but hesitated before knocking. I don't want to falsify the reason why because my memory is less clear of why. I just returned to my room and my lonliness and misery.

Childhood wasn't all bad, especially the times I was able to excel and be valued for excelling. No wonder I'm a workaholic. My sister and close cousins never got that same adoration for excellence.

I acted out aplenty. It was only till I was 15 that I was thrown out of home for a few months. It really didn't feel so bad when it happened. That's how bad I felt.

There must have been some good times. Perhaps it's the retrospective lens I'm using which is seeing a lot of black. My mood isn't so bad today but that's in relative terms.

It was not my parents fault and consciously at least I bear no grudge though my unconscious actions may not. I barely speak to them or let them know about my life.

I as they are just a product of circumstances, the mixed of genotype with all the rest of the stuff to create people and their actions, and reactions.

I wonder just how much resilience I got from my parents who believed in the old epistomology of mental health. I work under a strain that may incapacitate many others. They may see the reasons but they're as wrong as I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"