Wednesday 24 March 2010

The bleeding obvious

But its worth hearing said from a clever geezer. Someone called Alfred
Kinney quoted in a recent study about Facebook gaydar from MIT I'm
reading through.
(http://firstmonday.org/htbin/cgiwrap/bin/ojs/index.php/fm/article/view/2611/2302)

Its about men and sexuality but it speaks of so many other things. I'm
sure every reader will take their own meaning from this short paragraph.

""Males do not represent two discrete populations, heterosexual and
homosexual. The world is not to be divided into sheep and goats. Not all
things are black nor all things white. It is a fundamental of taxonomy
that nature rarely deals with discrete categories. Only the human mind
invents categories and tries to force facts into separated pigeon–holes.
The living world is a continuum in each and every one of its aspects.
The sooner we learn this concerning human sexual behavior the sooner we
shall reach a sound understanding of the realities of sex.""

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"