Sunday 7 March 2010

Marathon

I really like this image even though its not very technically good. It
was shot at the 2009 London marathon.

I like high contrast black and white. When I started learning
photography I used Ilford HP5 developed in Ilford Ilfotec HC (their
press-orientated black and white developer) and often pushed the film so
grew familiar with that sort of print style.

This shot is slightly out of focus, the contrast is too high and the shadows need work but the
poor technique is made up for by a great moment and I like the composition.

Shot with a Canon 40D and Sigma 70-200mm at f2.8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"