Saturday 14 December 2013

I only use one search engine

And I've been like that for a while.

When it works, the Google rank algorithm is better than anything I've used before and it usually works. Google scholar is unsurpassed but I've not really needed to look for anything else.

I've been using the internet since the mid nineties so it is a testament that I only use Google now. I also use a cheap but superbly designed android phone. It's a T Mobile G1 with a Cyanogen mod operating system. The mod means the phone can be a bit flaky but it offers a lot of other advantages over the stock operating system. I've also used this model phone for a few years as well.

There's a rumour that google has a "do no evil" policy. I'm not sure if this is true. I'd like to think so but i'd be verging on the delusional I guess.

Sent from my smartphone

1 comment:

  1. HAI,
    I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. Feeling fortunate that I discovered the Ink for All application. So impressed with its tips on spelling, grammar, etc. plus how to rank better in Google. This seemed like the perfect place to share this: https://seo.app/XzTXZsUH9

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"