Thursday 12 December 2013

Those that died are justified

I've just been listening to Rage against the machine's tune Killing in the name of.

The title comes from the tune. It makes me think "those" are people who kill themselves.

They are justified in what they do. A conscious, sentient being driven to the point where they want to die is indicative that something is wrong and that conscious being is right in their decision to die. 6000 a year in the UK is a fucking alarm bell at full volume going, "what the fuck is wrong with you?!" I don't even know the statistic for how many attempts a year there are and my imagination can't create a suitable metaphor to communicate the severity, urgency, onus and all manner of other descriptors to describe what should be clear to anyone.

Those that kill themselves are driven to it. They shouldn't be but they are. This shouldn't happen to any conscious being. It is wrong.

Sent from my smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"