Wednesday 18 December 2013

Systems which control how much individual an individual is

This is, perhaps, not the best title for the concept I'm thinking about.

The mental health system is a system which dupes people into not being what they are. It dupes them because the system is fundamentally judgemental where there is no scientification justifcation for any judgement system. The expectation of solving personal distress is not backed up by the science because the science looks as syndromes defined by tally of symptoms which are on the list in the diagnostic definition. I shouldn't really acceed to using the term "diagnose" when the truth is "perjoratively/negatively label using the false paradigm of mind illness."

People are conditioned into believing mental illness is really real and a genuine illness so they accept the system and its conditioning methods which reduce individuality on blind faith. This pisses me off.

But mental health isn't the only controlling system which reduces individuality. Media and the creative arts also subtly but unassailably conditions people. Education too is almost designed to condition children into good, regimented worker bees as adults.

These systems may be necessary at different times in civilisation's progress, sadly. Though, perhaps, these controls may be a necessary evil they should not purport to being anything less than an evil when these systems seek to control, define and diminish individuality.

Sent from my smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"