Thursday 24 November 2011

Finding things funny which ain't

Someone really affected me whe she said I was just a drunk.

Yes. I am. But it hurt to hear her denigrate my being, my self, when she used derogatory meanings to my label.

I should be stronger. I should man up. Her words bore deep into me.

This isn't funny. What is is my response to a human rights activist who was doing a response to the united nations.

Poor tina. I had sent her some evidence and research. She asked for permission to quote me and use my name.

In a moment of intense pain I got her email and read it. I was drunk and what was conscious, underlying, came forth. I told her to quote me as just a drunk.

It is funny to me. Just quote me as a drunk. She didn't and in my first email I gave her a choice not to, and to use my name as she'd asked. Thankfully she did.

The world is not ready for someone to sign themselves as just a drunk. But it is so embarassing and funny at the same time to even dare.

Sent from my smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"