Sunday 20 November 2011

What is mental health? What do I know?

I know very little. What little I know is useful. I know a lot about how much I don't know. I may be quick to propose facile solutions and weak ideas but I do know that I know I don't know lots of stuff about mental health.

I know most from my lived experience. I've barely tapped into it in this work though if anyone knows my anonymous blog they'll find my inner demons. They'l know little insights into my suffering as well as my thoughts and my joy.

I've read a lot of studies and thought about it a lot. I don't know any more than any one else because I've read about it. I've met many people who understand it without reading a book. They have lived experience. It is an experience which is hard won but when it comes to mental health there is no better education.

People know more stuff about mental health than those sad, lonely theorists who work with the concepts and science which only a few people think has anything to do with what mental health really is.

And now I shall carry on finishing my bottle of wine.

Sent from my smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"