Wednesday 16 November 2011

What is mental health? - am I opening your mind

What I guess I've been doing is trying to explain mental health by looking at details. I've been mentioning the cracks and the continuums.

I hope we're both coming closer to the conclusion that mental health means a lot of things. I am closer to knowing that I don't know the answer. I hope we're both a bit closer to knowing just how much we don't don't.

This is nothing to do with mental health other than to understand you need to start with that sense of internal mental tranquility.

I have but touched the tip of the iceberg. There is so much more I could write to explore the question of what mental health actually is?

It is a lot of theory and ideas. The big problem is how this modern construct is used.

It is worthwhile to understand the complexity of the paradigm and the dangers of compassion as well as the breaches of human rights using compassion as a reason, all in the name of mental healthcare.

The paradigm of mental illness allows change and forced change. It makes people believe valid human types are an illness, an illness to be treated and sometimes forcibly treated.

I segue too quickly into this so i'l stop here for now.

Sent from my smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"