Thursday 3 November 2011

There's nothing like self harm scars to kill a love life

I guess it must be like having AIDS in this respect.

Sex and nakedness and relationships are all good things. But for a person with self harm scars it can be hard.

I remember an ex-girlfriend throwing me out the first time we were going to sleep together. It was a very bad evening. I hadn't spoken to her about my scars. When I found the evening turning more passionate I knew I had to show her but when I did it was too much for her. It took some time but she became ok with it.

Another ex girlfriend was better at least. I don't know why or how. She was ok with the laceration upon laceration and gashes which scar my left forearm.

My self harm has been with me since childhood but I became prolific when fighting against god. The scars are beyond what most other self harmers have.

And yet the cuts are the tip of the iceberg of my emotional pain.

Sent from my smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"