Wednesday 5 January 2011

First do no harm or suck on my chocolate salty balls

So here's what I'm thinking. The Hippocratic Oath is either bullshit and shouldn't be taken from doctors or it should be implemented.

When antipsychotics were used on the elderly they harmed. 1,800 people every year were killed unnecessarily. That's a fucking big harm. That's more than the murder rate in the UK. And yet somehow the Royal College of Psychiatry and the Royal College of Physicians managed to get away with a Homer-esque "doh!".

First do no harm. To me that sort of means first do no harm, then second...do no fucking harm. Of course I'm an idealist who uses whatever I can to make my point...so do no fucking harm.

The treatment with antipsychotics exposes the fallacy. They were used as chemicals will alter behaviour. People would fight against the use straitjackets but they'd be the safer option. Better still, change society. Stop killing the elderly with drugs used for society's convenience or stop calling yourselves doctors.

You bunch of fucking numpties. It's so damn obvious but perhaps I've just smoked enough skunk to see the sense in the idea that if medicine is going to indoctrinate its members with the Hippocratic Oath then it's going to have to do antistigma of symptoms. Otherwise doctors who peddle psychiatric drugs for convenience must be barred. The Hippocratic Oath is the first thing every doctor takes. It gives them status above politicians who can pick and chose what they do versus what they say.

Or else it can such on my chocolate salty balls. Put them in your mouth and suck them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"