Wednesday 7 September 2011

How can you help someone who's made the decision to kill themselves?

Honestly I don't think you can unless you know what drove them to it.

I think it's just something that they have to go through. I think the
compassionate thing would be to legalise assisted suciide but there's
none of that compassion in mental health politics.

Obviously the framework of assisted suicide is key to avoid regrettable
deaths but for those that want to die they'll do it anyway. 6,000 people
a year are successful and many more fail.

The reason there's nothing a person can do unless they know what drove
them to it is because people who've made a decision to do something
don't usually ask for advice after they've made a decision. That's
pretty fucking obvious. They might go through a personal journey and
change their mind but this is where it is left in god's hands.

Knowing god is a fucking cunt means leaving it to god is a bad idea.
Prevention of people getting to this stage is the only solution.
Preventing people making that cold, rati9onal decision to kill
themselves is what I'm talking about as well as preventing the
circumstances which lead a human being to prepare to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"