Thursday 1 September 2011

I dare not denigrate the suffering of unmarried mothers in the early 20th century...

...by comparing what happened to them to what happens to psychiatric
patients today and how the immorality of the past may be the immorality
of the present which we can not see.

What happened to those women was terrible. What happened to women in
general - subjugation, oppression, discrimination - in the early 2-th
century was awful. It continued for too long but times are changing
thankfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"