Saturday 24 September 2011

Two useful research software

These are two interesting packages, the first is a free version and the
second is one which is pay for but has a free option.

I've used Mendeley during the beta stage and it's an excellent program.
I could drag and drop papers or URLs to be indexed. It would
automatically fill in the details and it was reasonably reliable at
getting these right. At some point the drag and drop feature for PDFs
stopped working properly so I stopped using it but it's an excellent
package apart from that bug.
http://www.mendeley.com/

Zotero is the open source equivalent. It's totally free I think. I've
not tried it so can't comment further.
https://www.zotero.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"