Monday 26 April 2010

Feel your bum

I assume you are sitting down while reading this. If standing up then
feel your feet. Not physically. With your awareness. Feel the presence
of your bum against the seat or your feet against the ground.

Had I not pointed it out you wouldn't have felt the sensation but its
always there. The mind filters it out. Its something that happens to
everyone. The information is there but only when consciousness is
directed to the feeling does it reappear.

I would guess that this is because the conscious mind can only handle a
finite amount of information and it's designed to filter out what is
superfluous. Without this mechanism the mind would be overwhelmed and
unable to process reality in real time.

This may be why you are unhappy...perhaps. The basic mind has been
designed to filter out what is everyday and perhaps the higher mind that
deals with life has a similar adaptation.

What you have in your life is amazing. To you it's normal. It's every
day. It would be a mental illness if you were capable of being amazed
and bedazzled by all the wonder of life on Earth and in your life every
day. The consequence is you don't see what is good in what is normal for
you.

I feel this is worth remembering.

The "....perhaps" is because it could also be to do with desiring that
which you do not have. Or other reasons. There are always many factors
in these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"