Friday 16 April 2010

Peace breaks out!

Wouldn't that be an amazing headline that might make everyone happy but
we thought we'd never read?

A superb talk by Steven Pinker.
http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/steven_pinker_on_the_myth_of_violence.html

The first ten minutes offers a load of evidence to prove the point that
we live in a peaceful world but we don't realise it.

If you're ever unhappy about the world then perhaps take the time to sit
through the first half of this video. We live in peace. In a way we live
in the future. Its not a perfect peace but its getting better all the
time and its come such a long way in the last few centuries. It can
always be better of course but its worth appreciating what's here now:
imperfect world peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"