Monday 12 April 2010

The need for progress

Extreme treatments, treatments of last resort, dangerous treatments and
high risk treatments are all things that medicine and society should
work towards to stop using in mental health. Society also needs to
recognise that there are other ways to do change mental health outcomes
in mental health other than medicating or talking to an individual. The
loss of potential of the individual and contribution of the individual
through the effects of the symptoms of mental illness are a loss to
everyone. Society needs to change to see the value of those who have the
symptoms of mental illness and value their contribution just as this is
necessary for other groups such as the elderly and ethnic minorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"