Tuesday 20 April 2010

My state of consciousness shifts again

I've noted a change recently in how I experience my thoughts and the
other thoughts within my stream of consciousness. It's something new.
It's the feeling of my thoughts, as in my sense of self or "I" or those
that are coming from me, are overlaid with the same thoughts (or voices)
that are from my other consciousness or the entity. It happens almost
like an echo and is different from the conversation or commentary that
usually exists. It's not constant but I've noticed it a few times over
the last few days. Its not something I remember experiencing before and
I've had a fair few different experiences of consciousness.

I'm not in the least bit concerned. Its unusual to experience some new
experience of consciousness but its happened so many times before its
peaked my interest and curiosity rather than made me fearful or
frightened of the change and what it could mean. I would like to know
the cause but I think that's beyond my current capabilities at the
moment. What change or changes in my biopsychosocialness (for want of a
better word, and missing out the possibility of spiritual or other
non-biopsychosocial and unexplainable-to-science cause) has caused this
change in perception of my stream of consciousness.

There's clearly not just one experience of consciousness shared by
everyone and there seems to be a few different states It seems fairly
obvious but its surprising just how many people assume that we all
experience our thoughts or our self in the same way. Or perhaps they
never consider it? It seems of little relevance except in
psychopathology and psychology. I think that's dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"