Wednesday 21 April 2010

A way to deal with anger

I've been trying to come up with things that might help me to read when
I'm next going through a mad, bad or sad phase.

One thought that might help is
/People are idiots, albeit very smart ones (myself included). /

Its's a statement on what it is to be human and an acceptance of our
failures and inadequacies.

Why does that help deal with anger? Well to understand a person as
fallible can make it easier to understand their misdeeds and the anger
that comes with it. People fuck up as much a truth as people get it right.

The important thing is the acceptance of fallability as a way to cope
with the causes of anger.

It's especially true in my life for dealing with large institutions and
organisations. For some reason I expect them to be more capable than the
individual, and when they fail in their ideology it is an unacceptable
failure. This may be a projection of my old own internal self-criticism.
Perhaps.

Anger must still exist though. I know that that's what I'll be thinking
when I read this. Too much acceptance can lead to no progress and closed
thinking.

Fucking balance. I hate it !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"