Saturday 28 January 2012

Crisis and self management

This should be an impossible sentence. Self management works except in crisis. This is about definitions I guess. Significant life crisis is something a person can't handle. Self management is all about managing outside life crisis but when it reaches a true crisis a person can't manage it themselves.

Self management is the best option for anyone. Crisis care makes things worse for a lot of people. It can be torturous and make crisis worse when a person desperately needs to get better. It can involve imprisonment, removal from a person's usual surroundings and coercive treatment. These are all obviously protocols which make a person feel worse and when they're used during a crisis they can significantly affect a person's mental state to make it worse.

I perceive the extension of selg management programmes as the future of mental healthcare in the short term but I can't see how crisis care can get better other than...well...lots of things which cost too much.

Sent from my smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"