Sunday 15 January 2012

Who global burden of diseases potential source of disability coefficients

This is a major study which is where the daly/qaly calcs come from. The severity of disability is the important bit. I assume it is a figure between 0 and 1. 0 is no disability. These would need to be recalculated for 1 to 10 for the JADI equation to work but they are already defined and this should be an easy calculation.

I am guessing 1 to 5 in the jadi equation is people who are employable in some form. A score of 10 is a quadraplegic doing a builders job or something like that.

With time the equation, particularly this coefficient, needs to be refined but it works with what is available. The coefficient doesn't only need to apply to established disabilities. It can work for race, gender or other stuff which is recognised as a factor of disadvantage. For example, gypsies and travllers might score a 5 even without a psychiatric or other diagnosis of disability. Organisations which employ people with this background are doing well to advantage those who are disadvantaged and excluded.

Sent from my smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"