Tuesday 14 February 2012

My assisted suicide plan

It is a horrible one.

I want a legal assisted death and I have to campaign for it or lobby or do whatever it takes though ultimately I may take my life without it.

I'm ahead of the times in this respect but I know assisted suicide will be legalised.

My plan involves 4 years between decision to die and termination. This circumvents any question of capacity. Anything can happen in 4 years. During the 4 years I have to seek solutions and strive to not want to take my life.

This is the sickness of the plan and why I hate it. 4 years is too long. Having to fight this every day when I have the capacity to understand my decision now is a terrible curse.

I am open about it enough for me to risk psychiatric imprisonment in a couple of years solely on the risk of me taking my life. This is more of the shit which makes me want to die.

It is a plan I would not foist on anyone who wants to die. 4 years more of life is shit beyond shit when a person just wants to die. I know this too well. The problem is we live in a time where people do not have the compassion to end a life, only drag out the pain eternally. I also have enough understanding of life to know things can change and suicidality can go into spontaneous remission...as easily as I can decide one day that I want to kill myself and do something about it rather than have true compassion shown by someone who would end my life for me.

Sent from my smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"