Saturday 18 February 2012

PLoS ONE: Attitudes Towards End-of-Life Decisions and the Subjective Concepts of Consciousness: An Empirical Analysis

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0031735

Sob...thankfully this is a deeply flawed study of attitudes. It is a sample of mainly female students. Older people and males may have different attitudes.

The results are interesting but saddening. Those who believe in free choice waiver about the free choice over witholding treatment depending on how vegetative a person is. Free choice like sanctity of life are both pure opinions but those who believe in sanctity of life believe strongly whereas those in this study who believe in free choice vary their judgement according to the state the individual is.

Sob. I just want to die. This is no life I want to live and never would want to again.

Sent from my smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"