Tuesday 7 February 2012

Whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger

I think this is Nietschze but I'm sure other people have said this.

Is it true? Is emotional strength earned by suffering?

Research, of course, would identify if this is true for individuals and the average.

Given modern theories of psychology I would guess not. I would guess emotional traumas lead to mental illness and mental illness lead to a reduced ability to handle emotional.

How is emotional strength earned then? There are people who can go through hell on Earth and never speak about their pain nor be affected by it. There are those who can withstand significant amounts of trauma and abuse but recover easily or are not affected. How do these types become?

Sent from my smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"