Tuesday 7 January 2014

Knowing bad days

There are a few" most depressing days of the year. I assume these are scientific estimations and ever year, without fail, the media faithfully publish them.

Why not act to lessen the communal suffering by using the foreknowledge? This might, perhaps, be acting as a nanny state or do gooding going too far but unhappiness is endemic and won't be `healed' without resorting to untried methods. Methods which could easily be too Big Brother for libertarian tastes. It may be damaging too if the value of suffering is not appreciated enough or understood fully.

But when excess suffering scars the national emotional landscape and suicidal wishes are common I sort of think the philosophical part of me should shut up and another part take over to direct action against a clear and present error such that so many conscious beings, so often feel like shit.

It's something which is fucking things up which I'll elucidate on in a later post.
- sent from my smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"