Tuesday 14 January 2014

Remember the friends you forgot. They miss you too.

I was in a pub in Kings Cross when I tried this guerrilla mental health promotion idea out.

I simply wrote down those two lines on a bit of paper and hid it amongst the comics- the beano albums I think.

The idea is this message could be spread by activists and the rest too.

The goal is to restart broken friendships. It would be hard to measure its success but I think it has potential for helping the mentally ill.

As a certified mad person I've experienced many loses in a number of domains of life. One particularly painful loss was friends. It still hurts even now but I've come to expect people are shite.

I thought by spreading the messAge, one I feel needs little explanation, it could trigger people to reconnect to old friends who did or said unacceptable things while unwell.

I'm talking about tackling the prognosis and true factors behind it. It doesn't have to be a physical campaign. Social media might be an area where the idea could slow burn to success. It requires people to think a little and that's not always good fir social media campaigns because of speed at which most people scan through posts on the various platforms which is why I expect it will be inspiring enough for those who get it, do it and share it.

As part of sharing it could be a social media campaign which bridges into the offline world. I like the idea that the notes would be hand written because it is so much more personal. A printed template would be better though and could include branding and campaign website information. Hell. It could even have a qr code if anyone actually uses them.

The website could have resources, toolkits and all manner of solutions to achieve the goal far more effectively than the two sentences message.

- sent from my smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"