Saturday 11 January 2014

What's better than winning gold in the paraplegic Olympics?

Walking.

It's a brutal disability joke but at its core is a deep truth about disability: many and most disabled people would prefer not to be impaired.

The idea of the integrity of disability is vitally important to humanity's growth and maturation and those who live by the principle are heroes but it is a hell of a tough choice to make especially given the significant disability and distress caused by modern developed world cultures.

- sent from my smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"