Thursday 9 January 2014

To add insult to injury

My experience is psychiatric services can't resolve suicide. People with diagnoses like schizophrenia, bipolar, depression, borderline personality disorder are at high risk of killing themselves and the thing which turns suicidal gesture into failed attempt is all there is to stop them succeeding.

There is no evidence for treatments which work solely to counter suicidal ideation and not enough funding nor focus to solve the problem of remission of suicidal ideation.

No cure and no way out of a life they no longer want. This is a summary of one small aspect of the plight and tragedy of the suicidal. That's the fucking insult. Suicidal ideation is the injury. And commenting that people are fucking cunts is stating the bloody obvious.

- sent from my smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"