Friday 17 January 2014

Sex and disability

It might seem ludicrous to suggest that sex should be available on the NHS but it isn't. Not to me.

I believe the social model and it's prediction of exclusion for disadvantaged and disabled is the right one.

Sex obviously makes a lot of people happy. But this happiness is not the privilege of the disabled. It's a sad reality but shit happens.

But what of the treatment practitioner (or prostitute in other words)? I'm specifically thinking of their mental health.

The last time I had sex I didn't enjoy it. It was nothing to do with who I was with. It could have been Jennifer Morrison (fro m house) and I'd have felt the same. On reflection perhaps I might have felt like it if I was sleeping with Sandra bullock but enough about my celebrity fantasies.

The point was that even though I didn't want to I still did it because that's what people do for one another when they're in a relationship.

It felt really crappy and I fear many prostitutes feel. Am I right?

I do believe in the legalization of prostitution because it is the harm minimization solution.

Anyway, I've clearly wandered off in a tangent I know nothing about.

But sex on prescription? It's really not rocket science.

- sent from my smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"