Monday 26 July 2010

I just wanted help but they wanted to change me

I remember making a foolish mistake: seeking help from mental health
services. I attempt to get myself on the waiting list for psychological
therapies and even came close to taking psychiatric medication again -
antidepressants and perhaps even mood stabilisers - last year.

My capacity to make good decisions clearly fluctuates. I'd forgotten
that it was a system of control and behavioural modification. My
insanity made me think I might be able to get some help. Instead I was
told to wait another six months for another initial assessment and
self-refer to a drugs and alcohol service.

I was so desperate I almost gave in and allowed the behavioural control
system to change me. When people are desperate the behavioural control
system has it's best chance to work. It's a method I've heard used by
cults and other organisations: get them in when they're desperate and
make them into what we want them to be.

I hope I don't go so desperate for help that I have to go to the
behavioural control system again.

Instead I am learning to suffer alone and that's a useful lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"