Wednesday 7 July 2010

A lesson for me

I've been concerned my photography has got worse over the last 6 months. That may or may not be true.

I took this about a year and a half ago. It's a significant photo. I took it on the night I got together with an amazing person. Oh how I miss you my love. Whenever I see this image I'll always think of you.

I wondered if it was my equipment. The lens I used to use was a professional Canon lens and since it broke I've had to make do without a replacement.

I used to take a lot longer with my images. This is one of two versions of this image. Some images I'd do several version of then choose the best through a lengthy process. I'd take time to correct a shot carefully and do the fine detail work. This image took about an hours work and I hope the work that's gone into it can't be seen.

I think it's the latter and not the former. Good work takes time.

--

Canon 40D and Canon 28-70mm f2.8 L

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"