Tuesday 27 July 2010

My best friend

I was thinking about writing a piece to show how shit I am.

This was going to be an ode to drugs and alcohol under this title,
friends that have been there throughout the ruff and tumble. Those have
seen the really dark times as well as been part of the good times.
They've been the friends I've allowed myself to rely upon. They don't
talk back (often...just kidding) or have feelings I can hurt.

But then I thought about my other friend. It's something that changes.
It can be a knife, a screwdriver or anything that comes to hand. It's
the thing I cut with when I'm at my worst and . A strange friend that
scars me but helps me.

In the times when I don't get on with my entity or non-corporeal
consciousness it's these friends I've depended on to survive. Other
people simply wouldn't understand what I have to do to live through life
with this thing in my life.

It's pretty pathetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"