Friday 9 July 2010

A thing about the normality of an unusual experience of consciousness

Everyone, or perhaps most people, experience unusual ways of having
thoughts or experiencing reality. The spectrum of this may be pretty wide.

I don't know what a normal internal consciousness is like, by which I
specifically mean the stream of consciousness or how a person
experiences themselves inside their mind.

I'm sure most people would say there's no such thing as a normal
internal consciousness and everyone's different.

But then is that true? Therapists and psychologists seem to consider
this. This isn't the nature of consciousness per se. It's the experience
of consciousness.

In psychiatry there are words to describe some of the different states
but the language is quite confusing and the terms have little meaning
outside psychiatry.

I feel the experience of consciousness and reality is important. I have
another presence in my life, one that fits the concepts of god or
telepathy or a secret organisation or whatever (what I see as other
people's explanations for the different experiences of consciousness and
reality). Other people may have a similar experience of consciousness
but a different awareness (which changes the experience and can make it
distressing).

My own experience of consciousness has changed and this probably happens
to most people too. Many people don't observe it though or at least talk
about it in public. It seems a taboo to talk about or disclose an inner
dualogue or dialogue. It is lunacy to speak of hearing a voice in your
head but it is also fairly normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"