Tuesday 14 December 2010

Extraordinary pricing for 3D printers

At the time I read about this technology the prices for a laser printer
was about what these object printers cost now.
http://www.reprapcentral.com/vmchk.html

These are based on rapid prototyping machines and still only print using
a single material. The hoped break through which would make the
technology more useful was materials which could have properties based
on variables tha could be applied in these printers, for example being
blasted with a certain wavelength to make the transparent or opaque. I
don't this technology ever matured though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"