Wednesday 1 December 2010

I wonder if they'll ever invent CBT for the god delusion?

Richard Dawkins has suggested that the idea of the existence of god is a
delusion.

I wonder if, as society becomes evermore secularised, CBT for religion
will develop. For example, people who believe that something happens
through divine intervention rather than extreme coincidence may become
more isolated as more people join the faith of atheism. They may be
excluded and ridiculed for their beliefs. As a society it would be
prudent to change their thinking and behaviour to fit in with might
become a culture norm in the future to totally disregard the possibility
of a power greater than the current level of science can even begin to
comprehend. The dissolution of religious communities and persecution of
groups has already happened in Russia during Communism and there are
other examples.

The mental health system could be used to enforce cultural norms as it's
already being used. CBT, after all, is just behavioural modification and
brain washing using big words. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: changing
the way a client thinks and behaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"