Friday 3 December 2010

UK finally gets a taste of AR

When the hell did AR markers become QR codes?

Anyway, Marks and Spencers are experimenting with AR codes. I'm
surprised to hear it's in an advert in The Sun but I guess they have a
broad base of shoppers. I'd always seen M&S as a premium brand but I
guess their success is catering to a wide audience.
http://www.gomonews.com/ms-uses-barcode-to-attract-female-shoppers/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+GomoNews+%28GoMo+News%29

It seems to use the application the user still needs to download
software and, I guess, the right software. Ugh. Why don't operating
system manufacturers think Articulated Naturality when it comes to
designing these applications? It's a frustration for everyone who wants
to use a QR code.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"