Friday 17 December 2010

Self-identity and diagnosis

While some people consider mental illnesses real illnesses others
consider them types of people and experiences. So homosexuality is a
different experience of sexuality and are people who consider themselves
homosexual as a distinct type different from heterosexuals.

The same thing can apply with mental illnesses so people can make part
of their identity the 'illness' and they'd be right in doing it. It's
not always positive though. Not for me when I was first diagnosed with a
psychiatric illness - when I was first told I was mad. Now I'm
different, at least on the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"