Friday 10 December 2010

The problem with the Human Rights Act. It gives no rights to psychiatric patients and punishes them as they do criminals

It's fundamentally anti-psychiatric rights.

From this excellent blog.
http://ukhumanrightsblog.com/2010/07/23/deprivation-of-liberty-best-interests-test-compatible-with-human-rights-law/

"
Article 5 provides

1. Everyone has the right to liberty and security of person. No one
shall be deprived of his liberty save in the following cases and in
accordance with a procedure prescribed by law:

(e) the lawful detention of persons … of unsound mind…
"

The law means psychiatric patients are treated as criminals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"