Sunday 26 December 2010

Having half a brain ain't so bad

Strange but True: When Half a Brain Is Better than a Whole One:
Scientific American
<http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=strange-but-true-when-half-brain-better-than-whole&ref=rss>

I'm wholly skeptical of this. WTF? Removing half a brain has relatively
small impacts? I'm surprised a person can even walk. I think there's a
lot of informationleft out in this coverage or the effects of this
procedure haven't been fully explored. The human brain is an amazing
thing but functioning well after losing an entire hemisphere is
surprising. Shows how little we really use our brains if a relatively
high level of function is possible with just half of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"