Monday 27 December 2010

Location-based mobile marketing becomes a reality

Where Inc. awarded geofence patent covering mobile commerce - Mobile
commerce Daily - Legal/privacy
<http://www.mobilecommercedaily.com/where-awarded-geofence-patent-covering-mobile-commerce/>

It was Bluetooth which provided the basis for mobile proximity
marketing. GPS and new platforms are taking this a step further.

It's exptraordinary the rise in takeup in the US and the UK and other
European nations will follow suit a year or two after the US trends.

"
Where do you see location-based mobile marketing going in 2011?
We anticipate that the market will grow exponentially in 2011.

In September we announced 1 billion ad requests on our Where Ads Network.

That number doubled in November.

We think that more big brands will get in the game with real budget
dollars, not just test dollars.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"