Saturday 4 December 2010

Link to resources for alternative treatment of schizophrenia

http://www.alternativementalhealth.com/articles/default.htm#S

I'd forgotten about this site but a friend of mine may be on the verge
of clozapine. She's on 800mg of quetapine. That's above the BNF maximum
and it's enough for two people. It's obviously making her very unhappy
and it's not reduced the delusions. She's very tranquil though...

I wish I could help her more but this is all I can do. I'm so tired
myself. It frustrates me that she's not getting the care she deserves.
She's not been offered any psychological therapies though if she had a
common mental disorder she could get help much easier.

What the fuck? People with grazes can get plasters quickly. People with
cancer don't get anything. Except that isn't true in physical
healthcare. Just in mental healthcare.

It tkaes supporting people and sadly I just don't have the time or the
energy. I'm really unhappy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"